Hello again dear readers! I've decided to do some shorter, more link-heavy technical roundups each week, both to write more often and to give some air to libraries, articles and problems that I find interesting but that don't deserve a post of their own.
So this week:
- I'm thinking of whether to switch from LÖVE to PyGame or Pyglet for a game I'm developing. I found out I'm not a fan of Lua, and I'm starting to think that it'd be easier to write a wrapper around PyGame than to wrestle with the whole language.
- That said, I've tried Pyglet and ran into a problem. I'd be very happy if someone helped me with this!
- I worked a bit on my Billy Bones app. Mostly working on a small Notes sub-application, although I am thinking about streamlining my Ansible deployment process.
Some libraries of interest I've stumbled upon (not necessarily this week, but in the last few weeks):
- Ruby and RoR libraries:
- TOD for time-of-day manipulation;
- ServiceFactory for hoarding all your global objects.
And that's it for this week! If you want to see more of this kind of content, please let me know in the comments!
Thank you very much for reading!